The Den Haag Portuguese Synagogue with the consecration date of 5485

The 1729 image above is by Jan Caspar Philips (1690–1775) a German engraver who settled in Amsterdam, and may be found in the collection of the Den Haag Jewish Historical Museum. It was purchased with the support of the Prince Bernhard Cutuurfonds.

In 5467 (1707) Isaac Louzada #50 appeared in a Terra Santa donors' list of the Den Haag Beth Jacob congregation and his son Solomon appears also in 1720 (ref 353). Congregation Beth Jacob consecrated a synagogue on the Korte Voorhout in 1707. Congregation Honen Dal consecrated its synagogue, located on the Princessegracht, in 1726. The two congregations joined together in 1743 under the name Honen Dal. Before 1707 the Beth Jacob congregation operated from the house of Jacob Israel Pereira #1765 who incidentally died in 1707.